2008/02/05

Network Ninja to the Rescue

Drew Perry worked his network ninja's jutsu to retrieve his stollen jacket and iPod touch:
To make a long story short I used the campus wireless network to track down the exact location of my jacket and iPod. I had [the campus wireless network]  send SMS messages to my cell phone, updating me on its current position. Police officers made an arrest last night and first thing this AM I got my cheese back. Don’t mess with a network ninja.

Wow. Guess positioning systems really are essential for the ultimate handheld device!
Shades of Cuckoo's Egg?
Maybe I'm just not geek enough but this, to me, is close to the ultimate act of cooltastic geekdom. Not that the technique was sophisticated. But the whole story is more compelling than most movies.
Heard about it through Buzz Out Loud.

read more | digg story

No comments: